America’s first national park, Yellowstone contains an incomparable combination of natural beauty, rugged wilderness, and abundant wildlife. Nearby, Grand Teton National Park is renowned for its magnificent, jagged, snow-capped peaks. The Compass American Guide to these parks is chock-full of dazzling photos of the majestic geysers, lakes, and wildlife that make them unlike any places on earth.
Compass American Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks includes:
- Fully updated coverage of the parks’ renovated lodging along with new dining, lodging, and tour reviews for the nearby gateway towns ensure that travelers receive the most up-to-date information on Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.
- Full-page topographic maps throughout the guide to help you plan and get around stress-free.
•GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES:
- This new edition teems with brilliant, eye-catching photos of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons that captures the picturesque scenery these parks are renowned for. Travelers can learn all about exploring the upper and lower loops of Yellowstone and hiking the best trails in the Grand Tetons. Illustrated features highlight the famed geothermal features of Yellowstone, winter activities, and the parks’ geology, flora, and fauna. The full-color photographs not only illustrate the parks’ beauty but also make the guide a memorable keepsake.
•ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Best day hikes, sights, and activities recommended by savvy local writers help travelers make the most of their time.
•INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS:
- The photo-rich top experiences along with extensive information on getting into and around the parks help travelers budget their time. Clear, easy-to-read maps show sights, topography, and trailheads, while a special chapter on flora, fauna, and geography is a handy reference tool.
- Artist Point, Paintbrush Divide Trail, Black Canyon, Upper Geyser Basin, Morning Glory Pool, Monument Geyser, Old Faithful Inn, Jenny Lake Lodge, Mystic Falls, and Hidden Falls.
•ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS:
- Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.